Saturday, April 20, 2013

Visiting my tree

It's been a long, long time since I've written a post in this space.  I think that's a good thing as it tells me I'm doing O.K.

There is a lot going on in my life right now, at home and further afield with the my Dad being so ill and all that goes on with the impending loss of a parent.

While I'm visiting my Mum on the farm in Western Australia, I'm going to take the time to visit my tree, the one in my header photo.  I'll take the time to remember how it was this tree that first inspired me to start this blog and the title of it.  I'll sit under this tree and lean against it, absorb some of the strength from a strong living part of nature.  Yes, I'm a tree hugger from way back.

It will be lovely just to sit and think, to be still.  If I stay still and quiet for long enough, the birds will get use to me being there and will hopefully come just a little closer to me so I can get a better look at them.

In times of stress, when thoughts are swirling and whirling, it's good just to slow down, to put a hold on the frantic activity that is going on inside your head.  It's almost like taking your head off, setting it aside next to you so you can rest mentally and emotionally.

So my mantra for the next few weeks will be stillness, to look for those moments even when I'm not sitting under my tree.

Anne

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you inner strength during your rough times.
    You give that tree a hug from me too!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful analogy. I hope you find peace when you need it. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just come over here and seen this post but I think it's a lovely post and one I can relate to in my own way. I love the idea of focusing on 'stillness' and I realise that's what I've been doing lately and will continue to do as I face everything that is going on in my life. I hope you are feeling ok at the moment, and your mum is doing ok too.

    ReplyDelete